Re: repeated warnings with 9.3 Beta 1 on windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: repeated warnings with 9.3 Beta 1 on windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday, May 27, 2013 3:07 PM Marc Mamin wrote:

> Hello,
> while playing with 9.3 Beta 1 on windows, I've found following small
issue:

> create table t as select 'a' from generate_series (1,200000)

> the warning is returned more than once:

> WARNUNG:  Spalte "?column?" hat Typ "unknown"
> DETAIL:  Relation wird trotzdem erzeugt.
> WARNUNG:  Spalte "?column?" hat Typ "unknown"
> DETAIL:  Relation wird trotzdem erzeugt.

..

I have tried with latest code of PG 9.3 on Windows and I get below output
which is right:

postgres=# create table tbl as select 'a' from generate_series(1,200000);
WARNING:  column "?column?" has type "unknown"
DETAIL:  Proceeding with relation creation anyway.
SELECT 200000

I am not sure why the command tag at end of command (Query returned
successfully: ...) is different for you, are you doing something extra than
below steps
1. initdb
2. start server
3. connect with psql
4. run the command : create table t as select 'a' from generate_series
(1,200000);

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.