Re: Request to share information regarding errors - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Clavadetscher
Subject Re: Request to share information regarding errors
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Yogesh

Well yes, it only displays if the record that you are trying to insert violates the constraint, i.e. if you are trying
toassign a
null value to a not-null column. Otherwise it doesn't.

> >A foreign key must match the primary key of the table it refers to. So you should create the primary key contraint
> on table2 using id and phone_id.
> At this time, DB is shutdown.

If the DB would be shut down, then you would not get any message from it. So that cannot be true.

> This shutdown is related to this error or not?

No. The error message states clearly that a table cannot be modified because a precondition for that change is not
given.As
mentioned above, you would never get a message from the DB if it's not running.

Bye
Charles