Re: Fw: Count rows group by time intervals - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oliveiros Cristina
Subject Re: Fw: Count rows group by time intervals
Date
List pgsql-novice
Ops... Mine is 8.2 beta 3...
With High probability the problem is difference in versions...

Well, Loredana, I have to say that Ive never used your version, so probably I cannot be a big help, then.

But you seem to know how to convert intervals to integers with the datepart()::int thing.

then Please try to enhance my query adding that to the three parts where I use date differences

Best,

Oliveiros
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: [NOVICE] Count rows group by time intervals

Funny thing.
In mine, it works...
On mine, If I subtract one date  from the other I get the number of days in between...which is another integer, I guess. and '%'  is the modular operator. Doesnt it work like this on yours?

If I substract one date from the other I get an interval.

Which version are you using?

I am using 7.4.12 version of postgres.

try

SELECT (date - '2007-01-01') % 2
FROM table

to see if you get zeroes and ones .

It's not working. I've got the same error.