Re: Dump Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis
Subject Re: Dump Database
Date
List pgsql-general

What does the  shell command: pwd show when run immediately after you issue a su postgres command?

You may want to try su - postgres to ensure you are in the postgres users home directory.

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of José Pedro Santos
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 7:50 AM
To: Postgres Ajuda
Subject: [GENERAL] Dump Database

Dear all,

I'm trying to dump my database using the following command after I enter as su postgres:

pg_dump - U postgres mydb -f mydb.sql

... but I'm always having the following message:

pg_dump [archiver] Could not open output file "mydb.sql" : Permission denied

I try to use the same statement using su.. but I didn't manage. Can someone give me a help?

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and Postgres 9.1.

Kind Regards,
José Santos