Re: Windows ODBC connection trouble? ISP issue? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joseph Doench
Subject Re: Windows ODBC connection trouble? ISP issue?
Date
List pgsql-general
I cannot think of any special reason why the cloud server would allow a
connection from my home versus any other location.

I will test another location or two.

Regards,

JPD

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.klaver@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 6:00 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Cc: Joseph Doench
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Windows ODBC connection trouble? ISP issue?

On Thursday, March 17, 2011 2:50:18 pm Joseph Doench wrote:
> My home ISP, our cloud server, and the office ISP are all separate
> entities.
>
> I infer that the problem is with the office ISP - DSL provided by a phone
> company.

But you could not connect from two Wi-Fi locations either, that tends to
rule
out the office ISP as root of problem. The common point in all the
connections is
the cloud server. You can connect from home but not any where else. Would
seem
to indicate that your cloud server(the server itself,not the Postgres
server) is
only taking connections from your home.

--
Adrian Klaver