Re: Corrupt indexes on slave when using pg_bulkload on master - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James Cowell
Subject Re: Corrupt indexes on slave when using pg_bulkload on master
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

I can understand that it would be incompatible if you bypassed the WAL logs,
but I've got it configured to use the buffered loader so that WAL logs are
written.  The data replicates fine, the indexes don't, yet a reindex on the
primary fixes the index on the secondary.  I'd like to understand why if
possible.

I've seen mention of bug(s) around corrupt indexes on the secondary node,
there was a fix in 9.1.6, but it doesn't appear to be the same problem I'm
having.

I've also seen other people with similar errors that aren't using
pg_bulkload, for example:
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/BUG-7562-could-not-read-block-0-in-f
ile-quot-base-16385-16585-quot-read-only-0-of-8192-bytes-td5724738.html

Cheers,

James