Welcom & a problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Egyud Csaba
Subject Welcom & a problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi everybody!

My name is Csaba, I'm from Hungary. I'm a new member of this list.
I 've gone through the archives but I haven't found too much information on
my problem.

Is there anybody who had ever met such a problem?
(The environment: HP LC2000 NetServer, dual Pentium III 1GHz, 1GB RAM,
2x36GB HP 10000 rpm SCSI HDD)
This is a hardly used industrial purpose web server. The task is to
sychronize the Postgres db to an Win2k based Oracle db. Because I can't see
the Oracle db from the Linux side, I tried to synchronize the data from the
Win2k side via psqlodbc driver. The replicator program is started every
minutes, and generates a long query string to send over to the Postgres . It
contains all the rows to be inserted. In normal circumstances the number of
rows is appr. 8100, but it may be two or three times more when the previous
replications had failed. It isn't too much for such a system, is it?
After one year thay called me to do something because the synchron time
increased to 2(!) days. I can't imagine the reason of it.

Has anybody any idea?
If I'm on the wrong place and sholud ask this question on another list,
please tell me.

Thank you for your help.

Best reguards
Csaba