Re: Turning off transactions completely. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arsalan Zaidi
Subject Re: Turning off transactions completely.
Date
List pgsql-general
> Perhaps you want MySQL ;-)

I plan to bench-mark it today. Pg performs fine for normal business use and
we're using it for our other needs, but this app is rather unusual...

> Seriously, transactions per se are not your problem, and you can't turn
> them off anyway, so there's no point in continuing to bark up that tree.

'Kay; it was just a thought.

<info about checkpoint tuning>

Am already doing this and have increased the checkpointing segs, wal files
and buffers. I no longer get any advice in the logs about increasing this...

> There are also the usual tuning questions about whether you've set the
> number of shared buffers to something reasonable, etc. etc.

Already done...