Massive delete performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andy
Subject Massive delete performance
Date
Re: Massive delete performance
Re: Massive delete performance
List pgsql-performance
Hi to all,

I have the following problem: I have a client to which we send every night a "dump" with a the database in which there are only their data's. It is a stupid solution but I choose this solution because I couldn't find any better. The target machine is a windows 2003.

So, I have a replication only with the tables that I need to send, then I make a copy of this replication, and from this copy I delete all the data's that are not needed.

How can I increase this DELETE procedure because it is really slow???  There are of corse a lot of data's to be deleted.

Or is there any other solution for this?
DB -> (replication) RE_DB -> (copy) -> COPY_DB -> (Delete unnecesary data) -> CLIENT_DB -> (ISDN connection) -> Data's to the client.

Regards,
Andy.