Re: Massive delete performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Enrico Weigelt
Subject Re: Massive delete performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
* Andy <frum@ar-sd.net> wrote:

<snip>
>    I have the following problem: I have a client to which we send every
>    night a "dump" with a the database in which there are only their
>    data's. It is a stupid solution but I choose this solution because I
>    couldn't find any better. The target machine is a windows 2003.
>
>    So, I have a replication only with the tables that I need to send,
>    then I make a copy of this replication, and from this copy I delete
>    all the data's that are not needed.

Why not filtering out as much unnecessary stuff as possible on copying ?

<snip>

>    How can I increase this DELETE procedure because it is really slow???
>     There are of corse a lot of data's to be deleted.

Have you set up the right indices ?

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
  Realtime Forex/Stock Exchange trading powered by postgreSQL :))
                                            http://www.fxignal.net/