Re: Upgrade to dual processor machine? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Henrik Steffen
Subject Re: Upgrade to dual processor machine?
Date
Re: Upgrade to dual processor machine?  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello Shridhar,

thanks for your answer...

1) in the docs it says: shared_buffers should be 2*max_connections, min 16.
now, you suggest to put it to 500-600 MB, which means I will have to
increase shared_buffers to 68683 -- is this really correct? I mean,
RAM is allready now almost totally consumed.

2) the database has a size of 3.6 GB at the moment... about 100 user tables.

3) ok, I understand: I am not creating any indexes usually. Only once at night
all user indexes are dropped and recreated, I could imagine to increase the
sort_mem for this script... so sort_mem with 1024K is ok, or should it be
lowered to, say, 512K ?

--

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Henrik Steffen
Geschäftsführer

top concepts Internetmarketing GmbH
Am Steinkamp 7 - D-21684 Stade - Germany
http://www.topconcepts.com          Tel. +49 4141 991230
mail: steffen@topconcepts.com       Fax. +49 4141 991233
24h-Support Hotline:  +49 1908 34697 (EUR 1.86/Min,topc)
Ihr SMS-Gateway: JETZT NEU unter: http://sms.city-map.de
System-Partner gesucht: http://www.franchise.city-map.de
Handelsregister: AG Stade HRB 5811 - UstId: DE 213645563