Re: question about readonly instances - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Johnston
Subject Re: question about readonly instances
Date
List pgsql-general
The basic setup can do that.

Configure one Postgres user to have read/write access to all database tables
Configure another Postgres user to have read-only access to all database tables

Clients that need read-only access are given the read-only user credentials while the writers are given the read-write
usercredentials.

With the way PostgreSQL works the "data directory" is the limiting factor so any multiple-server/single-data
configurationis undesirable even if it were technically possible (which I do not believe it is).

David J.