Re: Reinventing the wheel... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Galbavy
Subject Re: Reinventing the wheel...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sean Chittenden wrote:
> To prevent lib naming collisions with machines that have libevent
> installed, I plan on renaming all of the functions from event_* to
> pgevent_*.  libevent also has the appropriate autoconf goo to make
> detection of the right library pretty seamless.  It even supports the
> new Linux interface epoll.

Please don't. For those of us using an OS that has libevent as standard,
this is just pollution and perhaps you should instead look to carry the
portable code in the distribution and build/link to it if the normal
libevent is not available (configure will happily check for you).

Peter