Connection Pooling Problems - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From James M Doherty PGADMIN
Subject Connection Pooling Problems
Date
List pgsql-odbc
I have an application that uses the ODBC interface from a window XP machine. I have set connection pooling on the pgsql driver to on with
a timeout of 120 seconds. This is being called from an Excel spread sheet. When the user refreshes the spread sheet I get hundreds of
connections logged in /var/log/messages from the user. There are about 200 queries which try to execute at close to the same time.

As a temporary measure I have increased the number of simultaneous connections to 500 to support this, however it does not look like
connection pooling is working correctly. Any ideas on how I might diagnose this, or is there a known fix for this type of problem.

I am running 7.4 and 7.03.01.00 of the ODBC driver.

Thanks for any help you can give me !

Jim

James M Doherty
jim@jdoherty.net
Georgetown, TX 78626
"There is no luck without discipline" IRISH PROVERB
Attachment