Re: select by streak - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: select by streak
Date
List pgsql-sql
From: "Joseph Shraibman" <jks@selectacast.net>

> Lets say I have a table like this:
>
> id int  <== primary key
> ts timestamp
> name text
> status char
>
> status is G for good or B for bad.  How do I do something like:
> SELECT name FROM mytable WHERE <last 3 entires in a row have status =
> 'B'> and <has been no good ones in the past week> ?

You're looking at a procedural solution here rather than SQL I'd suspect.
Either do this in your application or look into plpgsql or pltcl.

You might be able to do something with LIMIT and subselects (which I believe
cooperate in 7.1 - but test it) but it isn't going to be pretty.

HTH

- Richard Huxton