Re: SQL function parse error ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Radu-Adrian Popescu
Subject Re: SQL function parse error ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
I'm perfectly aware of the fact that a space solves the issue here.

What I'm saying is that it is not natural nor common to take some whitespace
into
account when parsing, since this is not bash language, nor python, as it
shouldn't be !
This is SQL, and people who are using PostgreSql write SQL, not
whitespace-sensitive SQL, bash or whatever.

And besides, like I have already pointed out, look at php's language parser
(behavior, not source) :
the statement if(100>$a) is perfectly legal, as it should be.
Is there any operator named >$ ?

Anyone who has used anything from Mysql to Oracle will get quite annoyed on
this one.

Hope the people in charge of the parser will get to the bottom of this...
... and please forgive my caustic tone.

=====
Radu-Adrian Popescu
CSA, DBA, Developer