Re: web programming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Re: web programming
Date
List pgsql-general
    I too use PHP and PostgreSQL for %90 of my web programming projects (C
for the other %10)... I find the embedded nature of PHP to aide in
development more than anything (though I suppose you can get that from
mod_perl as well).. I don't do much Perl at all, I found the language to be
sloppy and very messy (I'm a pretty 'neat' programmer I guess) I liked PHP's
structure and flow.. I shouldn't trash Perl as I don't know it very well at
all, I know enough to know that I don't want to know any more :-)

    I've always found PHP to be as fast as I've ever needed and some of the
applications I've written get many thousands of hits a day on (at best)
mediocre hardware..

    Use what you like best as most languages (especially PHP, Perl and C)
are all very capable web programming languages, it comes down to programmer
preference I suppose..

    Good luck!

-Mitch