Re: Installing PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on windows 2000 - Mailing list pgsql-cygwin

From Agrawal, Manish
Subject Re: Installing PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on windows 2000
Date
List pgsql-cygwin
Thanks Jason,

    I have accidently shut down pgsql on Windows 2000 by closing the
Command shell (this installation was the native Windows 2000 port of pgsql
7.3.1). Now I am unable to restart
> (b) I cannot restart pgsql.

Try the following:

    $ net stop ipc-daemon
    $ rm -fr /tmp/cygipc_* /tmp/MultiFile*
    $ net start ipc-daemon
    $ pg_ctl start

I tried these, but the error message is the same:

Administrator@COBA-MAGRAWAL
$ pg_ctl start
pg_ctl: Another postmaster may be running. Trying to start postmaster
anyway. Found a pre-existing shared memory block (Key 5432001, id 0) still
in use. If you're sure there are no old backends still running, remove the
shared memory block with ipcrm(1), or just delete "/data/postmaster.pid".
pg_ctl: cannot start postmaster
Examine the log output.

When I do
$delete "/data/postmaster.pid"        I get
bash: delete: command not found

When I do
$ipcrm(1)                        I get
bash: syntax error near unexpected token '1'

Can I get help in (1) getting pgsql restarted and (2) viewing the log
output.

Thanks
Manish