Oracle to POSTGRESQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jono
Subject Oracle to POSTGRESQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there

I have been developing a web application using an Oracle database on the backend, and Java beans and JSP for the front-end.

At a late stage in the project I have been asked to look into the viability of
hosting the application with postgreSQL as the backend database.

Now my major concern is that we developed a whole bunch of scripts for table definitions,
triggers, sequences and Stored Procedures using Oracle standard PLSQL and datatypes.

Should I decide to change to PostGRESQL, what course of action would you recommend I take?

Regards,

Jono