large text fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kevin Heflin
Subject large text fields
Date
List pgsql-general
when ever I've dealt with a field that would require more text than 250
characters, I've always used the 'text' datatype. It appears I've hit an
example where this won't work. users are trying to insert what amounts to
about 2 pages worth of text and I'm seeing this error:

PostgresSQL query failed: ERROR: Tuple is too big: size 10000

Are there any other options other than using a BLOB datatype ? which I'm
completely unfamiliar with.

Kevin

Kevin Heflin       | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Production      | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net