Re: MySQL and RHDB news; 8.0 troll - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Paesold
Subject Re: MySQL and RHDB news; 8.0 troll
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Ned Lilly wrote:
> Some interesting MySQL news here:
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1012-996434.html

What I find most interesting is this bit of information:
"What's more, the company said, downloads of Microsoft versions of MySQL
outnumber Linux versions by at least four to one."

I believe a working win32 port will increase pg's popularity much. Not
because that's our intended main market, but because of all the windows guys
who will just try the database on their laptop or desktop first -- and then
be amazed by postgres' capabilities.

Regards,
Michael Paesold