Another plpgsql question.. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mitch Vincent
Subject Another plpgsql question..
Date
List pgsql-general
CREATE FUNCTION invoice_payment() RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
BEGIN

   UPDATE invoice_master SET total = total - NEW.amount,updated = now(),
is_paid=(CASE WHEN (total - NEW.amount) = 0.00 THEN ''t'' ELSE ''f'' END)
WHERE invoice_id = NEW.invoice_id;

   RETURN NEW;

END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Ok, thanks for the heads up on now().. That works but I add the last part of
the query in there and everything but the last part works.. Can I not do
CASE WHEN statements in functions like that? That query works when I run it
straight from psql but so did the other, so I'm wondering if the same kind
of problem is happening here too..

Thanks!

-Mitch