Re: new type proposal - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Wilson
Subject Re: new type proposal
Date
List pgsql-general
I think these are vital!  I was looking for something like this a few months
ago and was frustrated that I had to create a trigger to accomplish this...
I know, I'm lazy.  But if it were built in, I think it would be a big bonus!

-Dan

: I've been thinking on some new pesudo-types like SERIAL.
:
: 1) LAST_MODIFIED is the timestamp of that last time this row was
: modified.  Easy enough to do currently with triggers.
: 2) TIME_CREATED is the timestamp of when this row was first created with
: an INSERT.  I'm not sure how to do this because it needs to be read
: only.
:
: Both of these could be useful to me and I can implement them by myself
: (except #2 which I'll just have to trust myself not to screw up) but
: general users might find them useful.
:
: What do you think?