Re: COPY to table with array columns (Longish) - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Phillip Smith
Subject Re: COPY to table with array columns (Longish)
Date
List pgsql-sql

The export from the D3 system is written in PICK BASIC – similar to ‘normal’ BASIC.

This currently exports Attribute (field) 1 to 9 of each SYS record with a Primary Key starting with “Z” (‘]’ is a wildcard in the SSELECT statement)

153 EXECUTE 'SSELECT SYS WITH A0 "Z]"' CAPTURING JUNK

154 LOOP

155    READNEXT SYS.ID THEN

156       READ SYS.REC FROM SYS, SYS.ID ELSE

157          SYS.ID = 'XXXXXX'

158       END

159       *

160       OUTLINE = SYS.ID

161       FOR SYS.SUB = 1 TO 9

162          OUTLINE = OUTLINE:AM:SYS.REC<SYS.SUB,1>

163       NEXT SYS.SUB

164       *

165       CONVERT CHAR(252) TO "" IN OUTLINE

166       CONVERT CHAR(92) TO "" IN OUTLINE

167       CONVERT CHAR(34) TO "" IN OUTLINE

168       OUTLINE = OCONV(OUTLINE, "MCU")

169       N=%FPUTS(OUTLINE:NL, (CHAR*)STREAM)

170    END ELSE

171       SYS.ID = 'XXXXXX'

172    END

173 490 NULL

174 UNTIL SYS.ID = 'XXXXXX' DO REPEAT

So you’re suggesting creating a child table for each SYS record? Ie, a table called “ZPRECMPL” etc?

Thanks for your input guys,

Cheers,

-p