Re: web programming - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Lang
Subject Re: web programming
Date
List pgsql-general
I use PHP with my Postgresql and haven't hit a limitation yet.

As far as perl goes, I know some web develoeprs for a consulting firm that
use Solaris and they are pretty tight in the industry.  Their advice to me
was that if I already don't know Perl, don't learn it.  They said to take
the Java route.  They also were fond of PHP.  In a nutshell, they said Java
will phase out most large perl implementations (new clients tend to be
developed in java, old code is redone, etc.)

As for me, I was thinking about trying java server pages, just for the fact
that you can technically use Java for every level of development.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company