UtfToLocal: could not convert UTF-8 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tomisław Kityński
Subject UtfToLocal: could not convert UTF-8
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hello!

Few days ago I started to receive this messages when I use Latin-2 charactes
(just some of these):

WARNING:  UtfToLocal: could not convert UTF-8 (0xc3aa). Ignored
WARNING:  UtfToLocal: could not convert UTF-8 (0xc2af). Ignored
WARNING:  UtfToLocal: could not convert UTF-8 (0xc2b3). Ignored
WARNING:  UtfToLocal: could not convert UTF-8 (0xc3a6). Ignored
WARNING:  UtfToLocal: could not convert UTF-8 (0xc2b3). Ignored
WARNING:  UtfToLocal: could not convert UTF-8 (0xc2b3). Ignored
WARNING:  UtfToLocal: could not convert UTF-8 (0xc2b3). Ignored

Data base is created with encoding LATIN2:

sas6=# \l
       List of databases
   Name    | Owner  | Encoding
 sas3      | Cromax | LATIN2
 sas6      | Cromax | LATIN2
 template0 | Cromax | SQL_ASCII
 template1 | Cromax | SQL_ASCII

The effect is, that I loose all of the LATIN2 special characters. Now, I
have na idea causes this, since early (before one week, let's say) it was
working perfectly, and I haven't changed the driver nor the psql (both are
7.3, psql is 7.3.1 precisely).

What may cause this and how to fix it? Thanx in advance!