Re: Adding memory query cache to ODBC driver - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Mike Landl
Subject Re: Adding memory query cache to ODBC driver
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Okay, I see what you mean now.
I wish I could help you out but I fear my limited knowledge won't be of much use here.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Pliszka, Jacek
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2013 12:42 PM
To: Mike Landl
Cc: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ODBC] Adding memory query cache to ODBC driver

Something like this but not quite:

1. pqc is Linux C - I could use myself but majority of users are Windows ODBC clients.

2. pqc looks like based on  pgpool - I would rather use pgpool - but this on the server and my problem Is not load of
thedb - it is the Very Wide Area Network - for this I need the cache as close to client as possible
- closest thing is ODBC.

Last but not least... I hacked a small crude SQL cache in Python and :

Oracle   : 90s
PostgreSQL  : 85s
MS SQL: 45s
MySQL: 33s