Re: [HACKERS] Troubles with array_ref - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cristian Prieto
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Troubles with array_ref
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks a lot man!!! You saved my life :P

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tom Lane
Sent: Martes, 08 de Noviembre de 2005 04:13 p.m.
To: Cristian Prieto
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org; pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] [HACKERS] Troubles with array_ref

"Cristian Prieto" <cristian@clickdiario.com> writes:
> Well, anyway, this is the Stored Function I've been workin on; it simply
> take an array and an integer just to return this item from the array; The
> array could have any kind of elements so I declare it as anyarray (the
> parameter) and anyelement (the return value), please help me, I don't know
> where to get info about it.

You could save yourself a lot of time if you enabled warnings from your
C compiler (eg, -Wall for gcc) and then paid some attention to them.
The last parameter to array_ref is a bool *, not a bool, and I have no
doubt that the backend is crashing while trying to dereference "false".

(Another problem is that the fourth parameter should be -1 not VARSIZE.)

       match