Re: True ACID under linux (no fsync)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Wolfe
Subject Re: True ACID under linux (no fsync)?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Use the "-F" option.
>
> I start PostgreSQL with this line:
> su -l postgres -c "/usr/bin/pg_ctl  -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster -o
> '-i -B 4096 -o -F' start >/dev/null 2>&1" < /dev/null

  Interesting... trying to start postgres 7.0.2 with the "-F" simply returns
a list of options to me, as if it can't understand it.  It sure does sound
appealing to me, though.  With a few hundred megs of disk cache (between the
kernel and the RAID controller), I've always wished that PostgreSQL would
take advantage of it when writing. : )

steve