Re: WIP patch for hint bit i/o mitigation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: WIP patch for hint bit i/o mitigation
Date
List pgsql-hackers

About invalidation, I think the cached xid can become invalid due to xid
wraparound.
So for that one way could be to invalidate it through Vacuum.

Though I am not sure what all other things can make cached id as invalid,
but I think once we
can think what other ways can make cached id invalid, then we can see if
there is a solution to address
them.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.