Re: Error with "limit" clause - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Rommel the iCeMAn
Subject Re: Error with "limit" clause
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Could VB be rewriting the query behind your back?  Turn on log_statement
logging, and look in the postmaster log to see what's really being sent to
the > backend ...

Exactly!

This was an oversight on my part tho. I had used the following command:

MyDataReader = MyCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.SingleRow)

By passing the "CommandBehavior.SingleRow" parameter VB inserted the "limit
1" clause unknown to me. The solution was easy, either explicitly state
"limit 1" in my SQL query OR use the CommandBehavior.SingleRow parameter -
NOT BOTH :-)

Thanks for the input,
Rommel Edwards.