Re: Group By? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bob Pawley
Subject Re: Group By?
Date
List pgsql-general
Here's what I want to do.

Table control contains values (mon and valves) that are associated by
numbers inserted into the associated column.

I want to transfer the serial _id number of the items associated by the
value '1' into the appropriate columns of the first row of the table
auto_control. All items associated with the value '2' into the second row -
etc. etc.

Is this best accomplished by a 'group by' command or subset???

Bob
      Control

      device_ID type association
      serial varchar int4