RE: Making things 'tamper proof' - Mailing list pgsql-php

From tom
Subject RE: Making things 'tamper proof'
Date
List pgsql-php
The Zend encoder will convert your source files into byte code. You need the
Zend Optimizer installed for it to read these files, but it's also cross
platform code, it'll run anywhere the proper version of PHP/Optmiizer is
installed. Check out http://www.zend.com

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-php-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-php-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Chris Ruprecht
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 10:57 AM
To: p-php
Subject: [PHP] Making things 'tamper proof'

Hi all,

I am busy developing some applications which will be sold, once complete.
The .php files, as far as I know, have to be distributed as they are (in
source code). Is there any way to protect the application so that it can not
be tampered with? Can I write some stored procedure of some sort which
prevents people from messing with the code?

Best regards,
Chris