Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: BUG #6712: PostgreSQL 9.2 beta2: alter table drop constraint does not work on inherited master table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
From: Noah Misch [mailto:noah@leadboat.com]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 2:54 AM

> One can construct similar bugs around dropping foreign key and exclusion
> constraints.  Though it may be irrelevant for command semantics,
additionally
> using connoinherit = 't' for contype = 't' (CONSTRAINT_TRIGGER) would
> more-accurately represent the nature of those constraints.

Code Changes
----------------
I will make changes in following functions to ensure that connoinherit
should be appropriately set(pass the value as true).
a. index_constraint_create()
b. ATAddForeignKeyConstraint()
c. CreateTrigger().

Other places I have checked seems to be fine.

Test
--------
I will create testcases similar to mentioned in bug report for
a. unique key case, same as in bug-report
b. foreign key case
c. exclusion constraint case

> Care to prepare a patch with a test case addition?
 Let me know if above is sufficient or shall I include anything more in
patch.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.