Re: how to show table structure? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Kumar
Subject Re: how to show table structure?
Date
List pgsql-sql
use this

Last login: Fri Jan  9 16:54:14 from 192.168.2.117
[ssakkaravel@Linuxsvr ssakkaravel]$ psql -E training test
********* QUERY **********
SELECT usesuper FROM pg_user WHERE usename = 'test'
**************************

Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

Type:  \copyright for distribution terms      \h for help with SQL commands      \? for help on internal slash commands
    \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query      \q to quit

training=# \d books
********* QUERY **********
SELECT relhasindex, relkind, relchecks, reltriggers, relhasrules
FROM pg_class WHERE relname='books'
**************************

********* QUERY **********
SELECT a.attname, format_type(a.atttypid, a.atttypmod), a.attnotnull,
a.atthasdef, a.attnu
FROM pg_class c, pg_attribute a
WHERE c.relname = 'books' AND a.attnum > 0 AND a.attrelid = c.oid
ORDER BY a.attnum
**************************

********* QUERY **********
SELECT substring(d.adsrc for 128) FROM pg_attrdef d, pg_class c
WHERE c.relname = 'books' AND c.oid = d.adrelid AND d.adnum = 1
                                      Table "books"  Column    |         Type          |
Modifiers

--bid         | integer               | not null default
nextval('test.books_bid_seq'::text
)bname       | character varying(20) |price       | money                 |publication | date                  |