Re: Report Generator Proposal - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: Report Generator Proposal
Date
List pgsql-admin
""Matt Clark"" <matt@ymogen.net> wrote:
> It'd be easy to automate all except the explain, a script that did
everything else could then emit "If your preoblem relates to a
> specific query, then run 'explain analyze <query>' and attach it to your
message as well".

Well, must be charge of psql store somewhere all selects performed
between the BEGIN REPORT and END REPORT and perform
the explain command of that selects with the explain; may be the really
difficult here is that psql
shall know all tables involved in a select and insert in the report the
descriptions of that tables.
Before to work on it I want be sure that is a good idea.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola