Re: pl/perl problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sean Davis
Subject Re: pl/perl problem
Date
List pgsql-general

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 9:22 AM
Subject: [GENERAL] pl/perl problem

hi

i wrote a store procedure using the pl/perlU language, and the comportment is strange.
my procedure do a select on my database and some traitments too and write the result in a file;

when i run the procedure a first time, it works fine, the file is create and data are in. but when i run my procedure a second time, the file is create but the data aren't write in it. where is the problem  ?

Can you show the function?

i had an other problem the past week, but i not able to reproduce it. it was a very simple funtion who store a string into a variable and display it on the screen : something like this :
my $toto = '->';
$toto.='titi';
elog NOTICE, $toto;

Again, can you show the whole function?  And do you 'use strict' when coding?