pl/perl problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From FERREIRA William (COFRAMI)
Subject pl/perl problem
Date
List pgsql-general
hi

i wrote a store procedure using the pl/perlU language, and the comportment is strange.
my procedure do a select on my database and some traitments too and write the result in a file;

when i run the procedure a first time, it works fine, the file is create and data are in. but when i run my procedure a second time, the file is create but the data aren't write in it. where is the problem  ?

i had an other problem the past week, but i not able to reproduce it. it was a very simple funtion who store a string into a variable and display it on the screen : something like this :
my $toto = '->';
$toto.='titi';
elog NOTICE, $toto;

the problem was : the first time i ran the procedure and i get : ->titi and the second time : ->titititi, etc....
the variable $toto wasn't reinitialize. maybe somebody had the same problem.
(if i have enough time, i will post the code)

thanks in advance

    Will