Re: Postgres-sql-php - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Oliveiros Cristina
Subject Re: Postgres-sql-php
Date
List pgsql-sql
Howdy, Zied.

The query below outputs the results as you want, but
I suspect you have a more general situation you want to solve.
If you have more than one father, say "manuel", you would want something like this ?

num  father  child     age
1       joe     bruce    14
                   lei         10
                   mike     5
2    manuel  child1    35
                  child2    33
                  child3   30

Confirm, please .
Also, do you want the output ordered by age? always?

If so , tell me and we can tweak a little the query to best-fit your needs

Best,
Oliveiros

SELECT a.num,a.father,b.child,b.age
FROM