Function error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Adam H. Pendleton
Subject Function error
Date
List pgsql-sql
I created the following function:

create function employee_pay_update() returns opaque as 'begin  insert into employee_payroll values (  new.employee_id,
new.employee_name  );' language 'plpgsql';

This is just supposed to insert any record inserted into a table into
employee_payroll.  I don't need any sort of error checking as that will be
done elsewhere.  When I try to insert into the first table, and the trigger
calls this function I get this error:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 19265: cache lookup
failed

Did I forget to do something?

Adam