Slow in VB Grid with PG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From PG
Subject Slow in VB Grid with PG
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

    I have a problem with VB + PG thru ODBC.
When I do following, the speed is excellent :

--Code 1--
cmd.commandtext = "select * from table1 where parentid = '1234' "
set rst =  cmd.execute
set datagrid1.datasource = rst
--End code 1--
But the grid is readonly.

--Code 2--
rst.open "select * from table1 where parentid = '1234' ", cnn, .....
set datagrid1.datasource = rst
---End Code 2 ---
This grid works fine, but extremely slow (more than 10 times slower than
code 1)

Is there a better way of manipulating grid with a better performance?

(I have only shown very little code here to avoid complexity. If it is not
enough, I'll send more)

==
====
Best Regards