Adding two select statements together - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Brian Johnson
Subject Adding two select statements together
Date
List pgsql-novice
I don't know if the subject line is a correct description

I have three tables for entering time data for projects.

The three tables are timeentries, projects, and projectstatus.  timeentries
references the project id from projects and projects references the
projectstatus table

I want to select all of the projects that aren't defined as "Inactive" like
so
SELECT testproject.*, teststatus.name
FROM testproject INNER JOIN teststatus ON testproject.status = teststatus.id
WHERE (teststatus.name<>"Inactive");

but I also want to include any projects that are referenced by the
timeentries between two dates (without having duplicate project listings)

This added complication is where I get totally lost - any help?