Different views with same name for different users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harald Massa
Subject Different views with same name for different users
Date
Re: Different views with same name for different users  (Darren Ferguson <darren@crystalballinc.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello,

i've got a table of around 10.000 records.

Users A, B, C are allowed to see all the records

user D only some
user E only some others

To take logic away from the application to the database,
I would like to have a view as

for user D:
CREATE VIEW PERS as SELECT * FROM TOTALDATABASE where (criteria for viewable
user D)

for user E:
CREATE VIEW PERS as SELECT * FROM TOTALDATABASE where (criteria for viewable
user E)

for users A, B, C
CREATE VIEW PERS as SELECT * FROM TOTALDATABASE

so in my application I can do alll the SELECTS on PERS ... which looks
different for every user.

Which is the most elegant way to do this?
(is there any way at all????)

Tnx

Harald