TEXT field's length limit in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michał 'Samuel' Modestowicz
Subject TEXT field's length limit in PostgreSQL
Date
Re: TEXT field's length limit in PostgreSQL  ("Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy@chapelperilous.net>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I know that my question may seem trivial, but unfortunately I haven't found
any understandable info on this topic. It's about length limit of the TEXT
field in PostgreSQL. I've heard that the TEXT fields in psql are limited to
4096 bytes but it's just unbelievable for me. So if I've got text of more
than 4096 bytes size, for example article - do I really have to put it in
the LOB field and use these terrific lo-functions to access it ?? Please, if
anyone can help me - write to samuel@netmagia.pl .

Thx in advance,
Michael 'Samuel' Modestowicz