Re: [PHP] PEAR Problem - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dan Wilson
Subject Re: [PHP] PEAR Problem
Date
List pgsql-sql
This is caused by the fact that PostgreSQL is case insensitive.  In order
for it to actually take the case into account, you need quote your field
names and table names.

So your query would then be: select "NetCode","NetworkName" from
"NetworkTab";

Then you would be able to access the fields with $dbRow[NetworkName].

-Dan

: Hi,
:
: It's me again. I have been able to solve most of the porting problems
: from mysql to pgsql. But I have got struck in one place. I have a
: problem where PEAR's associative array doesn't recognise the mix case
: letters.
:
: eg . I issue a query through PEAR db and get results using fetchRow of
: PEAR. Now I have set associative array feature ON.
:
: suppose the query is
:
: select NetCode,NetworkName from NetworkTab;
:
: this would return the result into a variable called $dbRow
:
: to echo the contents returned by the pgsql, I have to give
: $dbRow[NetCode] and $dbRow[NetworkName]
:
: This used to work perfectly fine with mysql, but as I moved to pgsql,
: PEAR started to return nothing
:
: like if i echo $dbRow[NetCode] it prints nothing
:
: but in the same echo is I change it echo $dbRow[netcode], it prints
: the value of the Network Code.
:
: How do I handle this situation. The application is fully written with Mix
Case
: letters for the database fields and returned result set.
:
: And one more thing "SET AUTOCOMMIT=0" which is to set auto commiting
: to "No" in mysql doesn't work in pgsql what is the equivalent command.
:
: --
: Best regards,
:  Gurudutt                          mailto:guru@indvalley.com
:
: Life is not fair - get used to it.
: Bill Gates
:
:
: TIP 5: Have you checked our extensive FAQ?
:
: http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/faq.html
: