Re: Alter column length - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Wilson
Subject Re: Alter column length
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks again Tom...

My question was in reference to a varchar, I apologize for not indicating
that.

Tom, I'd like to truly thank you for the time you put in on the list.  Every
question I have regaurding and internal issue or something to that nature,
you consistently respond quickly and correctly.  That is truely something
that is admirable!  And I'm sure I'm not alone in my feelings of
appreciation.

Thanks!!!

-Dan

: "Dan Wilson" <phpPgAdmin@acucore.com> writes:
: > I want to alter the length of a column without dumping an re-creating
the
: > table.
:
: What kind of column?
:
: Offhand I think that hacking atttypmod would be safe for varchar(n)
: but not char(n).  BTW, you might need to start a new backend session
: to see the effects.
:
: regards, tom lane