Database synchronization - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jyoti Seth
Subject Database synchronization
Date
Re: Database synchronization  (Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I have two postgres databases "Db1" and "Db2" on different linux servers.
"DB1" is my master server and its data updates very frequently.

My application access DB2 database, which in turn requires data from Db1
database.

The same can be achieved in either of the following ways:
1. I can have the same tables from Db1 in the Db2 database and use some
replication process to update these tables say using Slony-I. And then our
application accesses the data from the single database.

2. Or I can use dblink to fetch the data from the master database only.

My problem is my master database changes frequently and I always require the
latest information.

Please suggest which is the right approach in this situation.

Thanks,
Jyoti Seth