Re: PostgreSQL doesn't accept connections when Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From George Weaver
Subject Re: PostgreSQL doesn't accept connections when Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Thomas

> netstat -a -n

Cool!

And -o gives me the pid of the process which I can match with processes
through the Task Manager...

> when another program is occupying the port, it would probabyl not make
> much difference, except if the pgsql service is started before the other
> tool.
>
> maybe pgsql is already running? ;-)

The problem I'm having is that if the server (Windows 2000) is rebooted, the
PostgreSQL service starts as expected, but won't accept connections.  Bur if
the PostgreSQL service is then restarted manually (via Administrative Tools
 > Component Services > Restart), the service runs as expected and everything
is normal.

If I understand what you're suggesting, perhaps upon reboot PostgreSQL is
starting before another app that listens on the same port, which could cause
the problem, but if I then restart the PostgreSQL service this solves the
problem?

Regards,
George