Re: [GENERAL] cant create index on decimal column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J. Roeleveld
Subject Re: [GENERAL] cant create index on decimal column
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

try to delete the comma ( , ) behind
MINIMUM_COST DECIMAL(15,2),

because the way you have it atm. is that PostgreSQL thinks you want to
create a Primary Key, without a name or datatype.

Hope this helps,

Joost Roeleveld

> Hi I have a problem. I cant create indexes on decimal columns.
>
> CREATE TABLE REQUIREMENT_COST(
>  WORKORDER_TYPE CHAR(1) NOT NULL,
>  WORKORDER_BASE_ID VARCHAR(30) NOT NULL,
>  WORKORDER_LOT_ID VARCHAR(3) NOT NULL,
>  WORKORDER_SPLIT_ID VARCHAR(3) NOT NULL,
>  WORKORDER_SUB_ID VARCHAR(3) NOT NULL,
>  OPERATION_SEQ_NO SMALLINT NOT NULL,
>  REQ_PIECE_NO SMALLINT NOT NULL,
>  QTY DECIMAL(14,4) NOT NULL,
>  UNIT_COST DECIMAL(14,4) NOT NULL,
>  FIXED_COST DECIMAL(15,2) NOT NULL,
>  MINIMUM_COST DECIMAL(15,2),
>  PRIMARY

KEY(WORKORDER_TYPE,WORKORDER_BASE_ID,WORKORDER_LOT_ID,WORKORDER_SPLIT_ID,WOR
KORDER_SUB_ID,OPERATION_SEQ_NO,REQ_PIECE_NO,QTY