Fw: cross-platform packaging in native format. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nicolas Bazin
Subject Fw: cross-platform packaging in native format.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Looks like it's not been sent. So I send it again whithout build.tar.gz

Is there a place where I can upload build.tar.gz (~600 Kbytes)?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 3:08 PM
Subject: cross-platform packaging in native format.

I have used the "epm" package from http://www.easysw.com/epm to create native packages format for the different platform this package supports in native format. Actually I have done that for Openserver and Unixware and will extend it to Linux.
Here is how to proceed.
Create a new directory in your postrges-7.2 root directory called build.
extract build.tar.gz in this new directory,
then start:
$build/build_package.sh

this will recompile postgres and make an installation package.

Beware that the current CVS version of epm has a bug in mkepmlist. So apply the patch that I have also submitted to  the epm maintainer but is not yet included.

I also have extended the transfer tool of the hsqldb (SQL DB in JAVA http://hsqldb.sourceforge.net/ ) project to transfer database from INFORMIX to postgres. It transfers table structure, indexes, primary keys, foreign keys, data and work arround bugs in INFORMIX JDBC implementation. It uses JDBC and should be easy to adapt to other sources. The hsqldb maintainer wants me to wait until the patch is applied to it's project to post it some place else, so have a look at this project or wait a little bit if you are interested.

Nicolas
Attachment